Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

iOS App Submission Binary Rejected (2.16)

Level 2

Recently submitted an iOS app to the appstore for publication, but it was rejected with the following error message by Apple:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(start error message)

1.0 Binary Rejected

2.16 Details Your app declares support for audio in the UIBackgroundModes key in your Info.plist but did not include features that require

From Apple

• 2.16- Multitasking Apps may only use background services for their intended purposes: VoIP, audio playback, location, task completion, local notifications, etc.

2.16 Details
Your app declares support for audio in the UIBackgroundModes key in your Info.plist but did not include features that require persistent audio.

Next Steps

The audio key is intended for use by applications that provide audible content to the user while in the background, such as music player or streaming audio applications. Please revise your app to provide audible content to the user while the app is in the background or remove the "audio" setting from the UIBackgroundModes key.

Resources

If you have difficulty reproducing a reported issue, please try testing the workflow described in Technical Q&A QA1764: How to reproduce bugs reported against App Store submissions.

If you have code-level questions after utilizing the above resources, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. When the DTS engineer follows up with you, please be ready to provide:
- complete details of your rejection issue(s)
- screenshots
- steps to reproduce the issue(s)
- symbolicated crash logs - if your issue results in a crash log

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(end error message)

Any help resolving this issue so that I can resubmit the app for approval would be greatly appreciated.

Ivan Mironchuk

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Hayden,

There's a setting in App Builder for this. Unless you're using background audio in your app you shouldn't check the box that says "Enable background audio playback" in App Builder when you configure your iOS app.

You should either:

1) Uncheck that box, rebuild your app, and resubmit

2) Reply back to Apple and tell them where in your content they can find audio that's got background playback enabled

Neil

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Hayden,

There's a setting in App Builder for this. Unless you're using background audio in your app you shouldn't check the box that says "Enable background audio playback" in App Builder when you configure your iOS app.

You should either:

1) Uncheck that box, rebuild your app, and resubmit

2) Reply back to Apple and tell them where in your content they can find audio that's got background playback enabled

Neil

Level 2

Thanks Neil,

I unchecked the box and resubmitted.

Level 1

Hi Neil

Could you please give me the steps to find the option on the Flash Builder Menu, because I can't find on the flash builder IDE.

Regards,

Peter

Level 6

Hey Peter;

I think you're in the wrong forum -- we don't use a "Flash Builder Menu" in the AEM Mobile workflow.