Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

InDesign CC 2015 crashes on export to .article file

Level 1

I'm running CC15 build 11.2.0.99. I've created a document that I would like to export to an article, but when I go to File > Export... and select DPS Article, InDesign will crash every time. I've even created a very basic layout with just a couple of shapes and it will still crash. I've also deleted InDesign preference files. Does anyone else experience this issue or have a suggestion?

I'm running on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The team resolved this issue by updating the InDesign CC 2015 plug-in. You can either wait until the updated plug-in becomes available through an InDesign CC 2015 update, or you can manually download and install the DPS tools here: Digital Publishing Solution Help | Install tools for DPS 2015

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Level 1

Thanks so much. This helped - actually able to export. But, it takes about 15 minutes... it gets stuck on "Exporting..."

Employee

Nate - Can you reset InDesign preferences and then try exporting again? If that doesn't work, you might try uninstalling/reinstalling InDesign.

Level 1

Thanks, Bob. I tried both resetting the preferences, and uninstalling/reinstalling ID 2015. I still get either an "Exporting..." message, or just a pinwheel.