Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to launch?

Level 1

I have made an app with Adobe Digital Publishing Solution.

But when i put it on my iPad it doesn't work. I have signed the app with the development certificates and it's a .ipa file.

Can someone help me with the last step ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

What do you mean when you say it doesn't work? Did the app get installed but it can't be launched? If so, the most likely cause is that your iPad's device ID (UDID) is not added to the mobile provision file that was used to sign the app. iOS app fails to load on iPad or iPhone

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

What do you mean when you say it doesn't work? Did the app get installed but it can't be launched? If so, the most likely cause is that your iPad's device ID (UDID) is not added to the mobile provision file that was used to sign the app. iOS app fails to load on iPad or iPhone

Level 1

When I drop it on my iPad or iPhone it shows the application, but not the app icon. When i tap it to launch it says: installing. It don't install or launch or anything.

I have add the UDID to the mobile provision. I will try this again.

Thanks for the response!

Schermafbeelding 2015-10-29 om 15.39.15.png

Level 1

Ah damn, it will not work

Does someone have an idea?

Employee

After you added the UDID, did you then edit the mobile provision file, download it, and use that mobile provision file to build the app? In some cases, people will add the UDID and then fail to include it in the mobile provision file or use the old mobile provision file.

You might also want to double-check your UDID, especially if you used a third-party tool to obtain it. Use iTunes or Xcode, and copy the UDID, not the serial number.

It could also be a mismatch between the mobile provision file and the .p12 certificate you used. You need to use the same p12 certificate you selected when building the mobile provision file.

Level 1

Thank you very much! It was the wrong UDID. I did it with an app.

Thanks!