Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Folio Overlays features replacement?

Level 2

Hi all and thanks to have build this new forum!

Here we are happy about the new DPSolution but also we are concerned about the lost of folio overlays animation.

Our client want these animation and here we have to understand how replace them!

1. Hyperlink
  2. Slideshow (we are terribly concerned about this)
  3. Image Sequence (we are terribly concerned about this)
  4. Audio & Video
  5. Panorama
  6. Web Content

Thanks for the support!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Did you install the new tools? The new overlays panel is identical to the old folio overlays panel with the exception of the already deprecated panorama.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Did you install the new tools? The new overlays panel is identical to the old folio overlays panel with the exception of the already deprecated panorama.

Level 2

Thanks Bob and Felipe!

Please confirm i need to install the first of the image for Indd CC2015?

For the rest: in another 2 computer i have CS6 and CC2014 - how to update them to DPS 2015?

I need before remove DPS Tools 2014?

Really thanks!

Screen Shot 2015-06-29 at 17.23.25.png

Level 6

I don't know how much more straight forward this can be. That list has the links for CS6 through CC2015 for Mac and Windows.

There is no need to replace the prior tools. The old and new versions can sit side by side.

Level 2

Sorry Bob, so with CS6 or CC2014 i can install both DPS Tools 2014 and 2015, confirm?

NB: only CC2015 can not be used with DPS Tools 2014 - yes, i understand this!

Thanks again!

Employee

Yes, you can install both. You should run multiple versions of InDesign. Use InDesign CS6 or CC2014 for the earlier DPS workflow (with Folio Builder), and use any version of InDesign for DPS 2015.

When you go to update InDesign, choose Advanced Options and then turn off the setting to remove the previous version. And if you accidentally uninstall the previous versions, you can reinstall them. Let us know if that happens and we can guide you.

Level 2

Hi Bob, i do not understand why on my mac with only updated CC2015 i still have these 3 tools (i think the unistaller of CC2014 remove them!).

These 3 tools are for DPS CC2014, NOT DPS CC2015!

1. Adobe Content Viewer
  2. DPS App Builder
  3. DPS App Signing Tool

What do you think?

ssss.jpg

Level 6

Those are leftover DPS tools, they're not removed when you delete InDesign. All three are for the older, DPS 2014 workflow and not needed when working with DPS 2015.

You may delete them if you're only using DPS 2015.

Level 2

Many thanks Colin, please see the image - can you confirm that is correct remove these list of file (and user preferences)?

ssss.png

Really thanks!

Level 6

If you are only using the DPS 2015 workflow, those apps are not required.

If you delete them, and then realize you need to use ID CC 2014 to make content for a DPS 2014 app, you can re-install the DPS Tools for ID CC 2104 -- and the Content Viewer app would be installed.

App Builder would be a download, if you need to build/update a DPS 2014 app.

The App signing tool you highlight would be a download if you need to sign an Android app built using the DPS 2014 workflow.

Level 1

Thanks for this information Collin.

I set in on the webinar last week. I was pre-occupied with the side-bar conversation. Did I miss the information on how to do things like creating:

• Reveal buttons
  • Interactive quizzes

This lynda.com tutorial covers several DPS features in previous InDesign versions: Creating a quiz that branches from the Course Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Interactive Techniques

If this new version of DPS has all the features we need to create interactive documents, where are they?

Level 6

Have you signed up for the beta and installed the new tools?

There is no change in behavior for the overlays with the exception of the already deprecated panorama being dropped and the name changed to Overlays.

Level 1

Hello Bob,

I was able to update CC 2014. I did sign up for the beta. Hopefully, I will have some time to become acclimated with the new system soon.

Thanks,

Kizzy

Level 2

> A problem of my client: he is not a beta user and now beta is closed but DPS2015 now is live!

> How can download the new tool?

Here the beta Overlays: Digital Publishing Solution | Beta Resources

Beta, why Beta if the DPS 2015 is live?

Level 6

The DPS 2015 tools are available as updates, check for this through the Creative Cloud app.

I found that a fresh install of InDesign CC 2014 had an update that added the current DPS Tools.

And a fresh install of InDesign CC 2015 included the DPS Tools.

During the beta, there were no installers, and we acquired the beta tools through the beta resources. While those downloads are still available, the update route is likely better and easier.