Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Feature Request : Top level navigation for Webviewer

Level 1

I would like to see a three top level option, a third one for web viewer so I can have unique collections for the web viewer.

4 Replies

Employee

Do you want to show different content in the web-viewer as opposed to the tablet app, or do you mainly aim to have a distinct layout for your webviewer content?

Level 1

The main purpose is different content.

We have a client who has an enterprise app that would like to use the web viewer, but if the web viewer is available to the world they want restricted access on the web viewer. The enterprise distribution effectively provides restricted distribution for the app.

Our intention is to have a home collection on the web viewer that requires sign in to get past.

Employee

So, you really don't want to show different content. You want different entitlement on device vs web viewer. Is asking a user to sign in on a mobile device that onerous that you'd go through the maintenance issues of multiple content hierarchies just to avoid signing in?

Level 1

Is this particular case, yes we don't want to specifically show different content on the web. And yes the notion of of sign in on the app is, I wont say onerous, is completely unnecessary. I don't see the maintenance of multiple hierarchies as an issue, by default we use two level navigation and nest a home collection if we need one level navigation.

Our client has an enterprise app and they distribute the content to their staff, they would like web access but need to restrict it. If they only way they can have restricted web access it to put a sign in on the app as well, then they will not use it.

Whilst this is the scenario they prompted us to think of this, we see merit on the idea of having different content for the web viewer, and have used this feature in DPS 2014. If you can have different content for the tablet and phone, why not for the web? For example you can use the web viewer with truncated content to encourage users to the download the app.

Thus we thought it would make a good feature request and suggested it