Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Creating Apps

Level 1

So if we wanted to create a simple portfolio app in indesign or photoshop, we have to pay now?  Its not included in the Creative Cloud package?  I want to do it as an individual designer.  I want to create a simple IOS app that consists of no code and only design.  How is this done as of right now?  Does it cost money now?  I've been doing research on this all day and from what I gather, you have to create a "Folio."  I don't see any folio features built into the 2015 release and when I'm logged into the digitalpublishing.acrobat.com on my account, there is no option for creating a new "folio."  Someone please explain to me what is going on here and if we have to pay separately for this...  Do only enterprise companies have to pay for it?  What is going on here?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Paul,

DPS is an enterprise solution. Regardless of the version of InDesign or DPS you use you'd need to purchase a license, and those licenses are priced for enterprise uses. Honestly, DPS probably isn't the right technology for your project.

Neil

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 6

The folio workflow is not part of Digital Publishing Solution (DPS 2015). It is part of Digital Publishing Suite which is only supported in InDesign CC2014, 2013, CC and CS6.

Regardless, a full license for DPS is required to publish apps. There is no inclusion in Creative Cloud or any other Adobe subscription.

Level 1

So are they going to force all the users to purchase a separate plan to use this workflow in 2015?  Do I create my stuff in 2015 and save it in such a way so I can publish it in 2014 when I'm finished?  Do you have any other answers?

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Paul,

DPS is an enterprise solution. Regardless of the version of InDesign or DPS you use you'd need to purchase a license, and those licenses are priced for enterprise uses. Honestly, DPS probably isn't the right technology for your project.

Neil

Level 6

It doesn't matter what version you use. It is not included for free.

It is an enterprise level product and carries a price tag to match.

Level 1

What would be my best solution then?  If I create a magazine or a portfolio design, how do I export it and put it on the app store?  I look at adobes tutorials on their site and they're telling us to use the folio method.  What method would be best?

Level 6

If you absolutely want an app you should look at solutions from other vendors such as Twixl. If that's not a must you could look at fixed layout epub or publish online using CC2015.

Level 1

So there is going to be no way to publish apps to the app store from adobe products for creative cloud members like my self unless we're an enterprise?  What about this new program comet adobe is coming out with?  Do you think that program will have low lvl publishing features like we use to have?