Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can DPS 2015 publish stand-alone app like DPS folio?

Level 1

I've been going through the DPS 2015 information, but I can't seem to find any definitive info if DPS 2015 can publish a stand-alone app, similar to the older DPS folios? Is it still possible for users to download the app, but not have to go through the App Store/Google Play Store/Windows Store with DPS 2015? Or would we have to continue to use the original DPS to build and publish folios?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

There’s the new DPS Preflight Tool which work similarly to the Adobe Content Viewer. It is still in review with Apple. It is available for Android and Windows.

Note that in order to use it you must either have a valid DPS license or be on a trial account.

Neil

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you referring to doing enterprise distribution of apps? DPS 2015 is no different than the prior Digital Publishing Suite product: the end result is a custom app for iOS/Android/Windows that displays content.

Neil

Level 1

Thanks Neil,

Previously we've built iPad DPS folios for our clients, who also have an Adobe account. They were able to access and download the folios through the Content Viewer...no user ever had to download the app we created through the App Store.

I realize the Content Viewer isn't used for DPS 2015, but could this experience be the same for the users using DPS 2015...download an app without having to use an app store...just like DPS? Or would a DPS 2015 app only be available through the App Store? Or would it make the most sense to continue using DPS in our case?

Correct answer by
Employee

There’s the new DPS Preflight Tool which work similarly to the Adobe Content Viewer. It is still in review with Apple. It is available for Android and Windows.

Note that in order to use it you must either have a valid DPS license or be on a trial account.

Neil