Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Better workflow

Level 3

Hi,

I would like to share these scenarios bellow to get tips for the best workflow. I work a magazine that will migrate from DPS Classic to DPS 2015. We have folios to tablets (1024x768) and smartphones (320x480) and (640x1136). Now, with DPS 2015, we will produce HTML files for both devices. My scenarios:

1 - A project with one Top Content Level, that will be suitable with new HTML files. I will publish one time for all devices. But I will need to choose just one folio format for tablet and smartphones.

2 - A project with two Top Content Level (tablets/smartphones). Here I will need to publish my HTML file twice. But I could choose the best folio format for each device.

Anyone has some tip about it? How could I have the better workflow

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Honestly the only option right now is to pick #2. Even if your HTML content scales nicely across all devices types, you'll want to have different browse pages for the two device classes since their design will almost certainly be different between phones and tablets.

Neil

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Honestly the only option right now is to pick #2. Even if your HTML content scales nicely across all devices types, you'll want to have different browse pages for the two device classes since their design will almost certainly be different between phones and tablets.

Neil

Level 3

Hi, Neil

Nice, I will be able to contro both TLC - tablet and smartphone, but I will have to publish the articles (even HTML) twice., right?

Is there anyway to publish once to both TLC?

Regards

Level 5

You'll have to add the articles to both TLCs (iPad and iPhone)--which means you will add/publish each article twice.

Employee

You need to add HTML articles to both the iPhone-specific collection and the iPad-specific collection, but you don't need to publish them twice. The same articles can appear in both collections. The same fixed-layout articles (either iPad or iPhone) can appear in both IPad and iPhone collections with letter boxing. You can decide whether to create different fixed-layout articles for phones and tablets.

Level 5

Does that mean that if you publish the article once it will publish in both collections as long as both collections are Publishes?

Aren't we then to re-publish each collection individually?

Employee

Yes, you need to publish the article only once, and it will be available in the app.

Level 5

Thanks for the clarification.

As a user this seems pretty much the same... whether one takes action at the article level twice or at the collection level twice. I think Felipe was looking for a way to publish once to both collections--meaning one set of click actions would publish to both collections. And the answer to that is "And you'll need to re-publish each collection to which you added the new article."

Employee

I was mistaken about updating the collections. You just need to add the article to both phone and tablet collections and publish the article.

Level 3

Thanks for all.

I will follow with 2 TLC

Regards