Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Android cache manifest problem

Level 2

Hello there,

I create an application with HTML5 using cache manifest file. All files was cached fine (good), but, I can't know when the cache is finally done because your status stay the same (zero) and the event doesn't fire. The same problem happen with DPS, and there's discussion with no solution to it (even now, the currently adobe content viewer stay with this bug).

Do you know when It'll be to fixed?

An example: https://gist.github.com/felipehaack/c858e416e7187763739d

Thanks so much.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

To close the loop on this, the change to enable this API on Android in DPS 2015 is done and will be available in the release that goes out roughly four weeks from now.

Neil

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Hi,

We don't currently support window.applicationcache on Android. I'll mention it to the team and see if it's something we can address in a future release.

Neil

Employee

One additional question: can you share a .article file with me that you've written that uses the applicationcache APIs? Put the .article file on CC, DropBox, or similar, and then send me a private message with a link to it. Thanks!

Neil

Level 2

Thanks for you replay.

About it, I faced the same problem with an android application and I enable it using the follow code:

WebSettings settings = webView.getSettings();

settings.setDatabaseEnabled(true);

settings.setDomStorageEnabled(true);

settings.setAppCachePath("/data/data/"+ webView.getContext().getPackageName() +"/cache"); //your application path /cache folder

settings.setAppCacheEnabled(true);

I hope it help you guys.

Level 2

Of course, I'll send to you as soon as possible. Thanks so much.

Employee

We already have database and DOM storage enabled, looks like we’re just missing the app cache stuff. If you send me a .article file that’ll help. Thanks!

Neil

Correct answer by
Employee

To close the loop on this, the change to enable this API on Android in DPS 2015 is done and will be available in the release that goes out roughly four weeks from now.

Neil