Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

using a custom DOR xdp

Level 5

I created on AEM designer DoR base template

1808843_pastedImage_1.png

so as you can see I am using a custom template for the DOR

1808835_pastedImage_0.png

on the designer I have a text field AF_TEXTFIELD_XFO

1808844_pastedImage_2.png

so in my adaptive form I create a text field which I name the same and it is binding to the Dynamic CRM data source field pcx_firstname

1808845_pastedImage_3.png

and that is all I have in my form right now

1808846_pastedImage_4.png

should I have all the fields from the custom DoR available?  what am I doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

why not use the default dor and customize the header logo and other customizable sections with in AEM Forms

1811830_pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Employee Advisor

All the fields may or may not be included in the form, that's ok. Is the DOR blank or not generating at all?

Level 5

this is my form very simple with the custom DOR

1808987_pastedImage_0.png

this is what I get on the DOR the values are not anywhere

1808991_pastedImage_3.png

1808993_pastedImage_5.png

but my Jason file does have the values

1808992_pastedImage_4.png

Employee Advisor

I will check and let you know.

Level 5

Mayank Gandhi​ any updates on why I cannot see my custom XDP on my Adaptive form?

Level 5

workflowuserMayank Gandhi can you tell me where these templates are in CRXDE? Is it possible to make a copy of them let say the basic and then change the way it looks in designer and upload it here again? that may work as a CUSTOM DOR....

thanks

1811732_pastedImage_0.png

Level 5

workflowuserMayank Gandhi

are these xdp the default ones? how are they chosen when I create a basic or blank adaptive form??

1811734_pastedImage_0.png

Employee Advisor

These are Adaptive form templates not XDP for DOR.  You either select the DOR to be generated automatically in which AEM forms uses it's own XDP template or you define your custom XDP as DOR template.

Level 5

Mayank Gandhi​ which I did in the beginning of this thread. I made a custom XDP but it wont show up.

please explain one thing to me.

1. are those templates (flow.xdp, multiple.xdp, split.xdp) XFA or NON-XFA based?

2. if I create an Adaptive Form with those templates can I use a custom DOR that I create with designer yes or no?

3. what is the best scenario to accomplish what I am trying to do which is to create a pdf with a government header and title. Custom pdf.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

why not use the default dor and customize the header logo and other customizable sections with in AEM Forms

1811830_pastedImage_0.png

Employee Advisor

those templates are different not to be used in DoR. They are xfa templates

Level 5

ok so I guess this I have to explain so that It can help someone in the future.

this I discover by just trying everything I could with the options of AEM forms. I needed to customize my DOR and here is how I was able to do it.

I created an Adaptive form with a basic template that comes with AEM forms. I used the one with "basic" template

1812500_pastedImage_0.png

gave it a name

1812501_pastedImage_1.png

chose my data source and then check the generate document of record.

1812502_pastedImage_2.png

this is how it will look

1812503_pastedImage_3.png

then I modified it. and it looked like this...

1812505_pastedImage_5.png

here is the trick I created in AEM designer a new template based on a document of record template

1812519_pastedImage_1.png

and I wanted to use that on the new adaptive form... well I clicked on custom and placed that newly created template but as you can read above on the beginning of the thread it would not show anything..... etc etc....

1812504_pastedImage_4.png

my new template...

1812512_pastedImage_6.png

this was when the thread started because I wasn't able to use my own custom template.... so this is what I did...

1812513_pastedImage_7.png

I figured the current template could be modified and then put back with the modifications.... my current template was the one I created but for some reason it would not show the values... but the template that came with the basic adaptive form would show the values... by downloading the template (the one I created) then opening this on AEM designer and modifying it as below

1812514_pastedImage_8.png

uploading the template into my Author environment

1812515_pastedImage_9.png

and setting that newly updated template on the custom DOR

1812516_pastedImage_10.png

this worked my pdf that is sent to my email now has the new modified template.

1812517_pastedImage_11.png

so basically Workflowuser was onto something

1812518_pastedImage_12.png

but I did not use the default template but the custom one...  I will give him the answer because it did help ….or should I give it to me???