Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

this.resolveNode("Hyphen").presence="hidden" not respected in Render at Server

Level 3

We are trying to implement the OUTPUT module to generate pdf's after user fill them out.  I understand most of the differences between render at client and render at server.  What I am stuck on is the template has a text field "Hyphen" which displays a hyphen when there is a value for the 4 digit ZipPlus.  In designer when I run at Client the code works fine, when I run at Server (same as Output) it ignores "this.resolveNode("Hyphen").presence="hidden"".  I put an "xfa.log.message(1, "Hide Hyphen");" right after that line to verify the code is being hit and it is.  The code is on a fragment:

Page1.#subform[1].Addressee_Fragment_V1.AddresseeAddress::initialize

if (this.resolveNode("Zip2").rawValue!=null)

{

this.resolveNode("Zip2").presence="visible";

this.resolveNode("Hyphen").presence="visible";

xfa.log.message(1, "Show Hyphen");

}

else

{

this.resolveNode("Zip2").presence="hidden";

this.resolveNode("Hyphen").presence="hidden";

xfa.log.message(1, "Hide Hyphen");

}

Anyone have any ideas on how to make this work?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Well, this started working all of a sudden, both in Designer and through Output.  Maybe I just needed to close it and take a break.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 7

For the server, you might need to strictly scope your access to the fields Zip2 and Hyphen. There is a difference on how JS scopes its variables on the client and the server, mentioned here [1]. There is some more info on resolveNode scope here [2]

[1] Client/Server Scripting Differences

[2] resolveNode vs. resolveNodes

Employee Advisor

Can you please share your sample form.?

-Mayank Gandhi

Correct answer by
Level 3

Well, this started working all of a sudden, both in Designer and through Output.  Maybe I just needed to close it and take a break.

Level 3

I have been using the first link although application can get a little tricky.  The second I had not come across before but will definitely hang onto it as I had been wondering about that topic. Thank you.