Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

This document could not be reader enabled

Level 1

I created the form on AEM Forms, opened it in Acrobat Pro and applied "Enable Extended Feature". Saved the page in a different name and it says "this document could not be reader enabled Adobe"

Please advice on what is to be done to correct this problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I only know this from situations where the form is accessed by another process that Acrobat which prevents saving. Maybe the Windows Explorer preview or some hotfolder service. 

Did you see this problem with all files or just a particular one?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

I only know this from situations where the form is accessed by another process that Acrobat which prevents saving. Maybe the Windows Explorer preview or some hotfolder service. 

Did you see this problem with all files or just a particular one?

Level 1

I'm have the same issue with a couple of my users. The issue just started and they are using Adobe Pro DC. 

Employee Advisor

@Kasen23 @Arthur-Nicholas 

Please check the Acrobat Pro version users have on their system?

We have recently got reports of this issue from multiple customers and found that they were using an older version of the software while the same form worked at our end with the latest.

Please DM the link to download the form for internal testing, in case the issue persists. 

Level 1

I'm running the latest version (CC shows no updates available) 2022.003.20258 and I also have this issue.

Employee Advisor

@scottpico 

Please raise a ticket with support for further investigation.

Level 1

I make forms all the time for work and have never experienced any issues. Unfortunately, I too just started experiencing this issue Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Acrobat Reader | This document could not be Reader Enabled.
According to my Creative Cloud account, my Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is up to date. 

kellyrose_1-1675090303860.png

kellyrose_0-1675090196956.png

Please advise a solution ASAP as I have critical work pending and cannot complete until this is resolved. 

Level 10

Hi, 

surprise! Today, I'm facing the same issue but not with Acrobat DC. So, I guess it's not the app itself, that causing the problem. It may be a DLL that's being used for this process but doesn't belong to Acrobat itself. 
Do you know exactly when you've Reader-enabled a form? If yes then please check what updates your Windows has gotten since then and remove them, to see if this will fix the problem. 

Here's how it's done: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-uninstall-a-windows-update-c77b8f9b-e4dc-4e9f-a80...