Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

This document could not be reader enabled fix?

Level 1

Hello everyone,

our comany uses Acrobat 2017 and since this january whenever we want to "Enable Extended Feature" on an AEM form it says "This document could not be reader enabled".

I made sure we have the most recent update which is 17.012.30262 for what i know.

I unistalled some windows updates that came in in january but it still didnt work.

Is there already a fix or a solution for this problem?

Thanks for the help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@ChrisP7 This helpx[0] should help understand the cause of the issue and the next steps.

The November 2022 update of Adobe Acrobat (Continuous and Classic track) creates Reader Extended PDFs using a new certificate issued by ‘Adobe Root CA 2’. Adobe recommends users update to the latest version of Acrobat (November 2022 update or later) to continue using this functionality post-January 7, 2023.

Seems release 17.012.30262 (released on august 22) was the last planned update for Acrobat 2017 and Acrobat Reader 2017 so you may have to update to a higher version of Acrobat.

[0] - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/reader-extended-pdfs-and-adobe-root-ca-expiry.html 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@ChrisP7 This helpx[0] should help understand the cause of the issue and the next steps.

The November 2022 update of Adobe Acrobat (Continuous and Classic track) creates Reader Extended PDFs using a new certificate issued by ‘Adobe Root CA 2’. Adobe recommends users update to the latest version of Acrobat (November 2022 update or later) to continue using this functionality post-January 7, 2023.

Seems release 17.012.30262 (released on august 22) was the last planned update for Acrobat 2017 and Acrobat Reader 2017 so you may have to update to a higher version of Acrobat.

[0] - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/reader-extended-pdfs-and-adobe-root-ca-expiry.html