Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sum of numbers when dropdown is answered as YES

Level 1

I need the sum of a column of numbers only when the dropdown is answered as Yes.  Table 3, row 2, "Dropdown" is a dynamic field where the user will answer Yes or No to a parameter.  If they answer yes, I need to add the column on Table 3, row 2, cell "Amount" together for a sum.  In addition, they have the option to add unlimited rows to the table.  I have not been successful in writing script to add all of the "Amount" cells on this table that have the answer yes and ignoring all the cells that have "no".  Any help would be appreciated.

LISAHA3_0-1687445443663.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In your existing script, I did below changes and it is working for dropdown value. You can add similar to other fields.

form1.#subform[0].#subform[1].Subform6.#subform[0].#subform[3].Table3.TotalSubs.NumericField1[0]::calculate - (FormCalc, client)
if(Row2.DropDownList.rawValue == "YES") then
$.rawValue=SUM(Table3.Row2[*].Amount);
endif

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

I saw your form, so the solution should be like below.

You can write a javascript function that should be called

> When you delete a row,

> On change of dropdown value

> And amount and percentage field exit

This function should have the below logic:

It should loop through all row in the table and inside the loop you need to check the dropdown YES/NO condition and then add the amount and percentage value and set it to the total fields.

Level 1

The script I am writing is failing to calculate that number.  I'm looking for the proper script language, that will calculate that sum.  Thanks!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In your existing script, I did below changes and it is working for dropdown value. You can add similar to other fields.

form1.#subform[0].#subform[1].Subform6.#subform[0].#subform[3].Table3.TotalSubs.NumericField1[0]::calculate - (FormCalc, client)
if(Row2.DropDownList.rawValue == "YES") then
$.rawValue=SUM(Table3.Row2[*].Amount);
endif