Expand my Community achievements bar.

'Send Email' step missing settings when packaged in CRX and installed on other AEM instance. Why?

Level 4

We have a Workflow on our Staging instance that we want to move to another instance. I've packaged the Workflow by including the following paths:
/var/workflow/models/workflowName
/conf/global/settings/workflow/models/workflowName

The package installs successfully on our other AEM instance, and all the Workflow steps are visible, but the 'Send Email' step is missing all the settings from the 'Recipient Details' tab.  

Here's how the panel looks in Staging:
send-email-step-recipient-original.png
And here it is on out other AEM instance, completely blank:
send-email-step-recipient-blank.png

All the other settings for the Workflow seem to have come over successfully.  Has anyone else run into this? We seem to run into things like this at every step with AEM. I'm having a hard time believing anyone uses this successfully in production.  

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 4

I'm thinking this might be a version mismatch issue. The Staging AEM instance was 6.5.16 and the local environment was 6.5.12. I tried installing the same package on a local 6.5.16 install and the 'Recipient Details' settings came through successfully.