Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Select present and future dates only

Level 2

Hello, I wanted to ask if there is a way to have someone only be able to select a date that is today or a later date but not past dates. Is this possible? Thank you in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @GRodLegacy ,

If your requirement is to restrict the author to not select a past date then it could be achieved with the minDate property with value as "today". Or you can achieve it using Jquery:

$(function() {
$( "#datepicker" ).datepicker({ minDate: 0});
});

Regards,

SK

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Employee Advisor

@GRodLegacy  What kind of form are you developing? Is it PDF or Adaptive form.

Employee Advisor
@GRodLegacy We can prevent it at script level for sure. User will be able to see the date but if its not as per valid rule we can just ask him/her to reselect.

Employee Advisor
@GRodLegacy I will create one and share it with you in a little while.

Level 2
@Mayank_Gandhi thank you so much. What language is the scripting considered?

Employee Advisor
@GRodLegacy Use this on date picker: var utc = new Date().toJSON().slice(0,10); if(this.value<utc){ alert("do not select previous dates"); this.value=null; guideBridge.setFocus(this); }

Level 2
@Mayank_Gandhi I have tried it on exit and change events and I'm not seeing anything

Employee Advisor
@ GRodLegacy https://drive.google.com/file/d/13jD2O6BwTyj9ara-EU0GUNAHap_IUsvf/view?usp=sharing once you select the date then you need to click somewhere outside or focus another field for value commit event to work

Level 2
@Mayank_Gandhi I can't open the link because this is a work laptop. But I have added the script to the exit event and even after clicking on another field, it doesn't do anything

Employee Advisor
@GRodLegacy Send me your email in pvt message I will mail you the sample.

Employee Advisor

@GRodLegacy  Use this on date picker:

var utc = new Date().toJSON().slice(0,10);
if(this.value<utc){

alert("do not select previous dates");
this.value=null;
guideBridge.setFocus(this);
}

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @GRodLegacy ,

If your requirement is to restrict the author to not select a past date then it could be achieved with the minDate property with value as "today". Or you can achieve it using Jquery:

$(function() {
$( "#datepicker" ).datepicker({ minDate: 0});
});

Regards,

SK