Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

remove Form Data Model

Level 5

how do I remove the Form data model? once it is selected I cannot choose anything else to either remove it or replace it.

1800244_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

why not just create new data sources

you cannot delete data sources from the UI and deleting from crx is not recommended

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Employee Advisor

From UI you cannot. You can do that from CRX DE.

Employee Advisor

These are for XSD schema removal so it will be slightly different as there will be form data model for you instead of XSD but the approach remains the same.

Employee Advisor

BTW these are not recommended

why not just delete the FDM and create a new one

Employee Advisor

What if the FDM is associated with multiple forms and the respective FDM was selected in one form by mistake. Deleting the complete FDM would result in more efforts.

Level 5

workflowuser​ do you mean this below?

1800284_pastedImage_0.png

will it then disappear from the forms as their data model?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

why not just create new data sources

you cannot delete data sources from the UI and deleting from crx is not recommended

Employee Advisor

You do not have an option to delete the FDM from UI

Employee Advisor

Even This will not delete the form data model mapped in the form properties. You can select a new one though.

Level 5

the reason I want to do this is because this thread Unable to fetch test data  and I think something got messed up, I will try and create a new one and replace it. will let you know if it works

Level 5

creating a new data source worked I am able to see my values in my forms again thank you