Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

QR Code object Greys out when the user starts typing in the connected field

Level 6

Hi All,

We have a form that was developed by one of my teammates. The QR code box turns grey once the user types in the Date field (or any fields connected to the collection related to the QR code). The problem is that this issue does not occur for a couple of us but it does for others. So I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between us. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I have included a screenshot below of what it looks like and have uploaded the files if anyone want to take a stab at it.

There are two files located here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cGttqWp0lzAagL44zXQ9D-BSzTfPRXBM?usp=sharing

• OC 107 - the two fields connected to the QR code are the Date Submitted and EID
  • BoBS 120 - just the Date field is connected to the QR code.

Below is the screenshot from my teammate. This is what is happening on her computer where mine is working just fine.

Screenshot 2021-07-08 145557.jpg

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @nowackem ,

the PDF works fine here with Acrobat Professional. I assume you have Acrobat Pro as well?

Do your teammates use Adobe Reader when it does not work? In that case the PDF is missing so called Reader Extensions. You can extend the PDF with Acrobat but not for the barcode option as far as I know. You need to have AEM Forms server for that.

Regards

Kosta

See barcode - acrobat 8.0 - javascript - free reader -... - Adobe Experience League Community - 111642

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 9

Make sure you both are using Adobe reader / Acrobat

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @nowackem ,

the PDF works fine here with Acrobat Professional. I assume you have Acrobat Pro as well?

Do your teammates use Adobe Reader when it does not work? In that case the PDF is missing so called Reader Extensions. You can extend the PDF with Acrobat but not for the barcode option as far as I know. You need to have AEM Forms server for that.

Regards

Kosta

See barcode - acrobat 8.0 - javascript - free reader -... - Adobe Experience League Community - 111642