Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

PLACEHOLDER error in AEM Interactive Communication Forms

Level 2

Hi Team,

I have used AEM interactive communication in our application and getting the below error while generating letters in the logs. Letters are getting generated fine without any issues.

Binding org.dom4j.tree.DefaultElement@70c50d2a [Element: <bind attributes:[org.dom4j.tree.DefaultAttribute@4770598c [Attribute: name match value "dataRef"], org.dom4j.tree.DefaultAttribute@6cdf9a65 [Attribute: name ref value "PLACEHOLDER"]]

I have a single layout in AEM instance and there are two layouts in CRXDE. I dont know why..

Can anyone help me to figure out the issue.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@SBI_89 

As mentioned earlier, it's a benign message that can be ignored.

You can remove the logger for this binding in the ExtendedLayoutGeneratorImpl class[0] of the bundle print-channel-impl on your server.

[0]- /src/main/java/com/adobe/fd/ccm/channels/print/impl/service/ExtendedLayoutGeneratorImpl.java

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

@SBI_89 

Is this an INFO or ERROR msg? 

Please share the complete log file for a review.

Level 2

Thanks for your reply @Pulkit_Jain_ . Please find the log details below.

25.11.2023 13:47:16.764 *ERROR* [xx.xx.xxx.xxx [1700938030050] POST /***/correspondence-letters/v1/send-communication HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.fd.ccm.channels.print.impl.service.ExtendedLayoutGeneratorImpl Binding org.dom4j.tree.DefaultElement@3cf74c8a [Element: <bind attributes: [org.dom4j.tree.DefaultAttribute@32f628d3 [Attribute: name match value "dataRef"], org.dom4j.tree.DefaultAttribute@5d3fb0c7 [Attribute: name ref value "PLACEHOLDER"]]/>]

Employee Advisor

@SBI_89 

Reviewed the method call of the ExtendedLayoutGeneratorImpl class[0] in the print channel impl bundle.

It seems that the above ERROR msg is part of a logger enabled in the class and thus is benign. The binding of the new subform that is generated/added to the main form is logged in the logs, that's it.

You have confirmed already that the letter renders as expected.

Level 2

Thanks for your reply @Pulkit_Jain_ .

I got it. Please advise how to avoid this PLACEHOLDER error showing up in the logs.

Thanks,

Selva

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@SBI_89 

As mentioned earlier, it's a benign message that can be ignored.

You can remove the logger for this binding in the ExtendedLayoutGeneratorImpl class[0] of the bundle print-channel-impl on your server.

[0]- /src/main/java/com/adobe/fd/ccm/channels/print/impl/service/ExtendedLayoutGeneratorImpl.java