Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Module vs process vs service vs operation vs component in AEM Forms on JEE

Level 2

I am new to AEM and while reading the documentation on using workbench I came across all these terms. They all seem similar and I can't really understand the difference. Can anyone please explain the difference among all these?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@uroojkhan 

Processes represent the business processes that you are automating using AEM Forms. At run time, processes are services that run on the AEM Forms Server. 

OOTB Forms server provides some components that also form a collection of services delivered as a JAR file once deployed. The state of the components and services determines which services and operations under each service are available to Workbench users so that the operations can be added to process diagrams to represent the activities performed in processes.

You can refer to this one-stop workbench guide [0] as you're developing applications with Workbench.

Hope this helps!

[0] - https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/experience-manager/6-5/forms/pdf/WorkbenchHelp.pdf 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@uroojkhan 

Processes represent the business processes that you are automating using AEM Forms. At run time, processes are services that run on the AEM Forms Server. 

OOTB Forms server provides some components that also form a collection of services delivered as a JAR file once deployed. The state of the components and services determines which services and operations under each service are available to Workbench users so that the operations can be added to process diagrams to represent the activities performed in processes.

You can refer to this one-stop workbench guide [0] as you're developing applications with Workbench.

Hope this helps!

[0] - https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/experience-manager/6-5/forms/pdf/WorkbenchHelp.pdf