Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

JDK for AEM 6.5 JEE Install

Level 1

I have a question which I have not yet seen fully answered.

We need to install fresh AEM 6.5 JEE install.  Is the JDK ONLY included in Turnkey?  We went to support, we got a "you're on your own if not turnkey".   However we can't do a straight turnkey because of some security parameters (federal).

So if we use the internal JBOSS  to do a standalone install, will we be responsible to provide the Oracle JDK or is Adobe?  Is that something we can get through support?  Or does support provide us a link to get it?  

We get that you can't use OpenJDK, but the entire world seems to be going to that (including the feds!)  help on this issue would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Is there any ticket that you logged to get JDK? What's your AEM forms version?

Thanks,

Mayank

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Is there any ticket that you logged to get JDK? What's your AEM forms version?

Thanks,

Mayank

Level 2
Hi Ticket Number is 205224. My Boss just sent another ticket over (realizing I'm on my personal account (sorry about that)

Level 1
Sorry this is my business account, ticket number is 205224. (so many windows so little time)

Employee Advisor
I have checked the ticket and the Engineer is saying correct that you should use Oracle JDK and not open JDK. You can create account on oracle and download the suported jdk version. In case you have any challenge you can let the support know. about the same