Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Invoke workbench process from AEM page

Level 4

Hi,

I have an AEM page where on click on a link I have to invoke a livecycle workbench process. Can anyone please help on how to achieve the same.

Thanks

Sobhan

7 Replies

Level 4

Any help on the above please guide if there is any way

Level 3

Sobhan, are you submitting the form to an AEM process REST point or are you clicking on a URL where you'd like to render forms?

Level 4

Do you know how can I invoke a workbench process end point by passing an XML from within the XDP?

Level 3

Sobhan, each process you create in Workbench automatically exposes a REST point that you can submit to. Copy this URL (double click on the green start point to see this) and then copy the URL into the submit action on your form. If you render the form from the same server the REST point is exposed on (recommended), you won't need to include the machine name. The default action is for the form to post the form XML data to the REST point. You'll definitely be able to see this if you turn on recording and play it back.

Level 4

I am struggling with something here. Please guide.

I have a standalone java web project. I am trying to invoke the AEM Workbench process from within the java code using the REST End point URL of the workbench process. I am using httpClient API of java just like we use for invoking any other rest endpoint. But this is failing and not letting me invoke.

Is it possible or we only  have to use SOAPClientFactory API to invoke workbench process from OSGI service.