Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Installer hangs at "Merge Module"

xtellus
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to install both AEM Forms 6.3 server as well as the workbench but both installers hangs at the "Installing Merge Module" step.

I have had AEM process/server + the workbench (with Designer) installed on this machine previously so the installation files are intact. However, I am suspecing this has something to do with Windows 10 "Fall creators update" that was recently rolled out.

Anyone knows anything more on this?

1 Accepted Solution
xtellus
Correct answer by
Level 1
Level 1

For anyone having the same issues I'll add some info on how I managed to solve this. First of, I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon with both WIFI and cellular connection.

Turning off both WIFI and cellular solved this problem. Having the laptop completely offline helped the installer do everything it needed.

I can only speculate as to why but it seems it has something to do with the firewall or some network request Java/InstallAnywhere is trying to make (but for some reason can't). I had tried adding rules to my local firewall but that did not work.

View solution in original post

0 Replies
smacdonald2008
Level 10
Level 10

See the AEM Forms install and config docs here for lists of supported platforms. Technical Requirements

xtellus
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you but I believe this is the correct page for my installation (Forms/Workbench/Designer):

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Supported Platforms for AEM Forms on JEE

Windows 10 is stated as supported.

xtellus
Correct answer by
Level 1
Level 1

For anyone having the same issues I'll add some info on how I managed to solve this. First of, I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon with both WIFI and cellular connection.

Turning off both WIFI and cellular solved this problem. Having the laptop completely offline helped the installer do everything it needed.

I can only speculate as to why but it seems it has something to do with the firewall or some network request Java/InstallAnywhere is trying to make (but for some reason can't). I had tried adding rules to my local firewall but that did not work.

View solution in original post