Expand my Community achievements bar.

Fonts in Dynamic PDF is different in Linux Installation

Level 2

Hello All,

We are working on dynamic pdf and the templates(XDP) are designed/built with Forms Designer. When XDP is uploaded to AEM and previewed, the fonts look different in Linux AEM OSGI Server, however, in windows local AEM OSGI Server, it looks good. I verified that the fonts are same under crx-quickstart/fonts folder in both linux & windows. I did not do any configuration specific to windows.

Please help in resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Nirmal

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

@NirmalAEM 

You may have to cross-check the font permissions on the Linux setup, as the font is available under the same path on both operating systems but still doesn't work in the case of Linux. Usually, if the font is not available (or not accessible), then XMLFM substitution logic kicks in and falls back to a default/available option. 

You can also move the required font to a custom font directory with sufficient permissions and then update the folder path in the Gibson Font Manager config under /configMgr.

You can DM the details/PDFs for further investigation, or we can set up a call.

Level 2

@Pulkit_Jain_  I verified, it is not permissions issue, but microsoft fonts itself not installed in Linux O/S (/usr/share/fonts). It is not bundled as part of the Linux O/S distribution. so, we have to manually install the fonts following steps mentioned in https://help.accusoft.com/PCC/v8.3/HTML/How%20to%20Install%20Microsoft%20Fonts%20on%20Linux.html

Is there any recommendation/documentation from Adobe as this issue will be faced by all AEM Forms installation in Linux Environment?

Employee Advisor

@NirmalAEM 

For any operating system-specific steps required while installing AEM Forms, refer to the installation guide (JEE and OSGi).

Additionally, for Linux OS, you need to install 32-bit versions of a set of shared libraries listed here-

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-learn/forms/adaptive-forms/installing-... 

These libraries are a prerequisite for running some AEM forms services.