Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

HTML5 Form - Highlight Existing Fields by default

Level 2

Hi All!

We made the decision to switch off of PDF forms to HTML5 forms as part of an upgrade to our livecycle environment. In the old PDF forms, any fields that could be edited by a user had a nice highlight around them to make it clear that they weren't protected. In HTML5, this is off by default, and the user has to click a button to highlight the fields. I checked out some older questions: Highlight fields automatically in a Form | Adobe Acrobat (acrobatusers.com) but it looks like they take advantage of app.runtimeHighlight, which doesn't appear to be supported in HTML5 forms: Scripting support for HTML5 forms | Adobe Experience Manager

I feel like there must be a way to turn this on by default given that there's the toggle there, but I'm just not sure where that is. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it!

Respectfully,

John

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@JohnSolomon0 

This feature is not available by default and one needs to toggle the "Highlight existing fields" button to make it work OOTB.

But if this is a requirement then you can highlight the fields by using a custom profile[0]. You need to add window.xfalib.globals.highlight = true; inside script of config.jsp to automatically highlight the fields on the form.

Hope this helps!

[0] - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/forms/html5-forms/custom-profile.html?... 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@JohnSolomon0 

This feature is not available by default and one needs to toggle the "Highlight existing fields" button to make it work OOTB.

But if this is a requirement then you can highlight the fields by using a custom profile[0]. You need to add window.xfalib.globals.highlight = true; inside script of config.jsp to automatically highlight the fields on the form.

Hope this helps!

[0] - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/forms/html5-forms/custom-profile.html?...