Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How to change the component group of a component?

Level 1

Hello, I got a Form Container where only components of a certain component group are allowed. These are: Form Button, Form Container, Form Hidden, Form Options, Form Rich Text and Form Text. I need to have another component from another group in this container. The component group is another but i can change it. What is the best way to get the component inside the Form Container?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@enisuysal you cannot modify a component group. You can only create a new/copy of policy and include components from different groups into it.

Mayank_Tiwari_0-1633421291363.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Nothing unusual just include it in the group with different name. Unless you think the group policy conflict each other, for ex: one comp grp allows Text box and other doesn't

Level 1

But where is the option to include a component in another group? I searched through whole AEM and did not find any possibility to include it to the component group

Correct answer by
Employee

@enisuysal you cannot modify a component group. You can only create a new/copy of policy and include components from different groups into it.

Mayank_Tiwari_0-1633421291363.png