Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How can slanting/diagonal text be created in XDP form using AEM Designer 6.5?

Level 5

Hi Support/Dev Engineers,

How can a text (e.g 'Office Use Only') be placed in diagonal position in a XDP template/form?  

In AEM Designer it allows the text rotation to be only 90, 180 and 270 degrees. I tried altering the text field's rotate attribute to 45 degree in the XML Source tab, and it did not work as expected. 

Is there any script or field property that can be changed or is there any other suggestion on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Leena

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

XFA based forms only support rotation in 90° steps. To add a diagonal text you have two options:

1. Create a background image providing the text you want to display. Place that image on the masterpage and control it's presence with a script. You can use 8-Bit PNG files with transparancy or white background.

2. Create a custom font that uses the desired text as a character like a dingbat font does. It hat the benefit, that the text is a vector graphic so it's very tiny and lossless in quality.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee

Have you looked at watermarking capabilities using assembler services in AEM forms?

Level 5

Hi gbedekar,

The AEM Designer 6.5 is used to develop XDP forms to be uploaded in on-premise AEM 6.5 application. This is not related to cloud services. I am not sure if there is an assembler service for it. If yes, then please provide any document resource that I can refer to.

Thanks,

Leena

Employee

If you are using AEM forms6.5, you will have access to assembler service. you will need to be familiar with assembler service and creating DDX documents 

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/aem-forms/6-2/ddxRef.pdf

Level 5

Thank you gbedekar for the document. I will look refer to it.

Correct answer by
Level 10

XFA based forms only support rotation in 90° steps. To add a diagonal text you have two options:

1. Create a background image providing the text you want to display. Place that image on the masterpage and control it's presence with a script. You can use 8-Bit PNG files with transparancy or white background.

2. Create a custom font that uses the desired text as a character like a dingbat font does. It hat the benefit, that the text is a vector graphic so it's very tiny and lossless in quality.

Level 5

Thank you radzmar, this solution may work better in this case to make the modification in the form itself instead of making changes to assembler services, since only few forms need the slanting text.

~Leena

Level 5

Thank you both gbedekar  and radzmar for the suggestions. Greatly appreciated.