Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Hidden column, next column header on 2nd page is not shifting to left

Level 2

Hello,

i am working on requirement to display a table in adobe form with column dynamically hidden at run time. everything was working fine until i found a issue on second page.

First Page : 

Table displayed correctly with hiding a header column and also values corresponding to that hidden

Second Page :

Table displayed incorrectly without Hiding the Header Column but the values are hidden and moved to the left

Anyone faced similar issue or have any solution for this issue, kindly share the solution or your suggestions.

Thanks and Regards,

Sri

2 Replies

Employee

Hi Sri,

this is a problem with header pagination (subforms and tables) when you dynamically modify the visual parameters of the header subform. I do not know a good practice solution for this but a nasty little hack.

Basically I am manipulating the columnWidths property of the table in the initialize event. For that you must already know which columns are to be hidden very early in the game. This is not suitable for dynamic interactive forms but for producing a printed table.

Find a very simplistic example here https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:24d20f1b-28e9-42ea-82aa-d666fe333d0...

Maybe that helps - I cannt guarantee that it looks good in all cases. Note: you must make the columns invisible instead of hidden for this hack to work!

Employee Advisor

@srinit86581866  Are you able to share a sample and screenshot around the problem?