Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

H2 and H3 Support for DoR

Level 2

Description - Currently, we cannot use h2 and h3 in forms and have them appear on Generated Documents of Record. We have to use panel descriptions for blocks of form inputs, and cannot use in Static Text - they simply do not show and will block out the entire text block. To enable accessible scanning of form, we need to do a workaround of a panel descriptions for the DoR, but then put in the h2 and h3 for the Adaptive Form. 

Why is this feature important to you - Accessibility! Screenreaders scan by header levels

How would you like the feature to work - support for <h2> and <h3> codes and other text formatting in static text that will show on DoR so we don't have to generate XDPs for legal static text. 

Current Behaviour - When using a text box with just <h2>text</h2>, that text does not show on the DoR.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

9 Replies

Employee Advisor

@ha  Have you tried creating your custom dor template in designer for the same?

Level 2
We have a customized DoR template, but cannot find documentation on how to make the correct fields to bring rich text or formatted text into the DoR. If you can point some out, that would be very helpful.

Employee Advisor
@ha Document of record templates do not support rich text. Therefore, any rich text in the static adaptive form or in the information filled in by the end user appears as plain text in the document of record.

Level 2
That page is very generic, and does not state how to include formatted text (<h2>This is a subhead</h2>). The page just seems to say that text will go into text boxes, but doesn't address the fact that h2/h3 and other formatted text for accessibility on the adaptive form does not show on the generated document of record. Please give code or example. So far, we have no correct reply.

Employee Advisor
@baronforo I hope you have gone through the other points that mention about the support for rich text. There is code but you rather factor your custom XDP label to reflect the heading.

Level 2

To clarify my question - how do I factor the text fields to accept HTML formatting beyond <p>? 

We want to be able to use HTML text with proper header levels and formatting, and have that also appear on the DoR. 

text.jpg

The below header will not show on generated DoR. 

textH2.jpg

 However, this will.

PBText.jpg

Using <p><b> does not allow screen readers on the Adaptive Form to scan by headers. We can't even use panels to act as that as they are coded in AEM as <div>, not a header. 

DORsample.jpg

We don't really care if the rich text shows as plain text, but basic, accessible HTML tags are not accepted by the Text field in Designer if we try to update the Generic Document of Record. 

designer.jpg

Currently, to meet our ADA requirements, we need to double-code, showing the section descriptions on the DoR but not the form, and putting in accessible <h2> in the form but knowing they will not show on DoR. Also, any more intricate text coding will also not show, such as list items and other formatting. So in many cases, we are forced to use custom XDP for forms which slows down our development. 

Is there a way to factor an AF_TEXT_XFO to include proper HTML markup? Or is this just a giant ADA gap with Document of Record and we have to continue to use workarounds?  Please, if you reply with "refactor x" or "do y", provide examples or code - please do not assume knowledge. 

Thank you!

Employee Advisor
You can reach out to support and they can check with Engineering, but, I don't think you can include the HTML tags as you are expecting it to work in the DOR.