Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Form Submission Type: 'Send Email' returns 'Malformed Request Syntax'

Level 2

I'm currently learning AEM forms and trying to submit a simple form that sends an email after submission. The form takes a name and email address. The Day CQ Mail service is configured on my local Author instance which is where I'm testing. Any help or reasoning as to why I'm getting 'Malformed Request Syntax' is greatly appreciated. Reference images are below. Thank you!

Error Log:

2022-04-01 17:50:02.099 DEBUG [com.adobe.aem.guides.wknd.spa.react.core.filters.LoggingFilter] request for /content/forms/af/superscript/training-form/jcr:content/guideContainer, with selector af.internalsubmit

2022-04-01 17:50:02.099 DEBUG [com.adobe.aem.guides.wknd.spa.react.core.filters.LoggingFilter] request for /content/forms/af/superscript/training-form/jcr:content/guideContainer, with selector af.internalsubmit

2022-04-01 17:50:04.104 DEBUG [com.adobe.aem.guides.wknd.spa.react.core.filters.LoggingFilter] request for /content/forms/af/superscript/training-form/jcr:content/guideContainer, with selector af.submit

2022-04-01 17:50:04.104 DEBUG [com.adobe.aem.guides.wknd.spa.react.core.filters.LoggingFilter] request for /content/forms/af/superscript/training-form/jcr:content/guideContainer, with selector af.submit

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 5.34.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-01 at 5.31.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-01 at 5.54.12 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@emando 

Are you getting this issue post applying SP11? Also, is the submission failing for the "Send email" submission type only? If so, then this is a known issue and we can share a hotfix to mitigate the issue.

Please raise a support ticket and refer to this thread, to get the hotfix.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@emando 

Are you getting this issue post applying SP11? Also, is the submission failing for the "Send email" submission type only? If so, then this is a known issue and we can share a hotfix to mitigate the issue.

Please raise a support ticket and refer to this thread, to get the hotfix.

Hope this helps.

Level 2

Hi, @Pulkit_Jain_ Thank you for the quick reply! Yes, this is post SP11 and yes this seems to be the only submission returning that error. I will raise a ticket.