Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Form editor - Invoke service dropdown does not list services from my Form Data Model

Level 1

Hello,

i've created an AEM 6.4 form based on my custom Form Data Model - which exposes two services. I can teste these two services in the FDM definition UI and both return success. In a Form Editor window, i want to create a rule that invokes one of these services, so for then i select Invoke Service option and a dropdown with available services is rendered for me - but none of my services appear in an Invoke Service dropdown. The only service available seems to be a sample AEM forms service called "Get location by zip code".
By inspecting where the list of available services come from i found following XHR call:
/content/forms/af/sample2/jcr:content/guideContainer.af.dermis?functionToExecute=getAllServices which returns only one sample service: 

{
others: {
title: "Others",
items: [
{
id: "/apps/aemforms-fragment-commons/preconfiguredWebServices/getLocationByZip",
jcr:title: "Get location by zip code",
url: "http://wsf.cdyne.com/weatherws/weather.asmx?wsdl",
operation: "GetCityForecastByZIP",
input: {
id: "/apps/aemforms-fragment-commons/preconfiguredWebServices/getLocationByZip/input",
zip: {
id: "ZIP"
}
}
}
]
}
}

Any idea how to get my services listed?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Mayank_Gandhi_0-1587997046570.png

make sure the service folder is correctly mapped to the form properties.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Employee Advisor

@JiriFKovarik  This should work. what kind of FDM is it?

Employee Advisor
I tested this on 6.4.4 and it works fine. Make sure you have added the configuration in the adaptive for properties

Level 3
I don't understand this answer. We have followed the instructions to create the data model and the services. Yet when we create a form based on it, the dropdown is blank. What configuration folder should we be using?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Mayank_Gandhi_0-1587997046570.png

make sure the service folder is correctly mapped to the form properties.

Employee Advisor

@Nina_Carty Difficult to comment without seeing a screenshot of the service URL and rule editor mapping.  Share more details on what you have implemented.

Level 3

Hi. Thanks for answering. I was able to work with Girish Bedekar and verify that my procedure was correct. I also discovered later that this is functioning correctly in my local environment with the same datasource. I am using SQL Server.

When setting up the rule and trying to get the Services to pull down, the pull down is blank.

ServicesNotListed.jpg

Here is the same from my local.

2021-05-20_8-06-02.jpg

Level 4

A similar thing just happened to me on AEMaaCS Forms and when I added myself to AEM Forms Power users , it resolved it self.