Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Footer (Floating subform) on a Mater Page not doing the 'floating' job (LiveCycle Designer)

Level 1

Hi All, 

I created a footer area (subform) on my Master Page.

The subform layout is set to Floating-Western, and contains several elements (let's say 3 Text Fields: TF1, TF2 and TF3).

This is done so some elements can be shown/hidden under specific conditions.

The problem is Floating property is not working when being assigned to an object that is placed on a Master page.

So when I for example do the Java scripting for TF1 to set "presence" property to "hidden"

then TF1 gets hidden (which is ok) but floating of a parent subform is not working, which means

TF2 and TF3 are not moved/squeezed to the left side of a parent subform, but they remain in the same position instead.

So in the end I have: BLANK_SPACE, TF2 and TF3 in a footer area.

But when I move the subform somewhere to body then Java-script works correctly (hide TF1 + squeeze content to the left)

I found @radzmar's post on another forum (y 2010) which says:

"The master page is not for contents such as flowing text fields, it's for the basic layout of the form.
Any flowing content should be placed onto a body page."

But if so then what would be the recommended approach to build such Footer appearing on each page,

with Floating content inside, if not using Mater Page subform?

Would it be a separate CA (Content Area) only for Footer-purpose + Body element to be placed ("Place in CA" property) in this special CA?

Any comments appreciated

Thanks in Advance

bob

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

I am not sure why this wasn't working for you.

I was able to put textfields in the header of a flowed subform set to Western text and when hiding one, the others would squeeze to the left. 

I used the resolveNode script with the full SOM and it worked fine. e.g. xfa.resolveNode("Form1.#pageSet.PageArea2.Subform2.TF6").presence = "hidden";

@radzmar could certainly explain his comment but I guess it refers to the fact expanding fields in the  header will not move the content area down so it might overlap the body area. In other words, the Page "folder" in the master page behaves as if set to "Positioned".

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

I am not sure why this wasn't working for you.

I was able to put textfields in the header of a flowed subform set to Western text and when hiding one, the others would squeeze to the left. 

I used the resolveNode script with the full SOM and it worked fine. e.g. xfa.resolveNode("Form1.#pageSet.PageArea2.Subform2.TF6").presence = "hidden";

@radzmar could certainly explain his comment but I guess it refers to the fact expanding fields in the  header will not move the content area down so it might overlap the body area. In other words, the Page "folder" in the master page behaves as if set to "Positioned".