Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Flowable Forms made in AEM designer crashes when i choose certain options to hide/show sections

Level 3

I have made a Flowable form in AEM form Designer (not server) and using it on Adobe Acrobat Pro XI.  

Everything works fine till i select the options in sequence if i select any options not in sequence it crashes.

I have made 5 checkbox on top   checking /unchecking shows/hide the corresponding sections....... it works good when i check the boxes in the sequence like first i check checkbox1, then 2nd and then third then fourth then fifth.. it is ok......

but when i check say 3rd check ,  4th .. then when i want to check 2nd check box or 1st check box it crashes.........also when i check 5th checkbox first then fourth but as soon as i check 3rd or 2nd or 1st it crashes...........

Link to the working form:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ry6vlxdaqnao4l6/AEM%20form%20issue.pdf?dl=0

Link to the video showing the problem : https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1rpwgy80k92lj6/AEM%20Form%20crashing%20issue.avi?dl=0

thanks

@radzmar  @arunpatidar  @BrianKasingli @kautuk_sahni  @ChitraMadan @betreff126 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@rakeshk21205956  Try updating the reader or use a different version. We had a few fixes on that side causing crash. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee

Hi,

nice form - I tested it in Acrobat Pro DC latest version and cannot repeat your problem. I think you may have an issue here with the older version of Acrobat Pro (XI).

You may try this in Adobe Reader DC, apply Reader Extensions to the PDF via your Acrobat Pro and open it in Reader. Don't make Reader the main PDF app.

Level 3

@Kosta_Prokopiu1  could you plz upload the video... how you tested the form........ first select all checkbox 4, 3 & 2 then select checkbox1 .. now from there in the first section i.e  select no. of images dropdown to be 3 images.

Employee
I did exactly as you described. Selected 4 then 3 then 2 then 1. I also tried all kinds of other combinations 3,4,1,2 5,1,4,3,2, ... video is a bit complicated now. But I did not crash.
@Kosta_Prokopiu1 i mean crashing doesnot happen when select checkboxes.. if happens when you select all the checkboxes then at last the first checkbox, then from the f irst section select 3 images from the dropdown
@Kosta_Prokopiu1 how to install pro and reader both.. when i try to install reader when pro is already installed it says me to uninstall the previous one first.....

Employee
oh it is the old Acrobat - that is why. Sorry that will not work then.

Employee
ok, I tried your instructions again: selected checkboxes begining from the right and checkbox 1 the last to select. Then I went to the first images DropDown and selected 3. I get 3 image fields and can load images into them.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@rakeshk21205956  Try updating the reader or use a different version. We had a few fixes on that side causing crash.