Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

experience designer

Level 2

Hi experts,

we are working on the evaluation of AEM forms, but when i search AEM forms, there is a AEM forms designer shows.

it's a off-line tool, and looks like a UI designer.

what is it used for?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

AEM Forms designer is used for designing XDP (templates) which are used in AEM Forms components. XDP defines the placement of elements like fields, text areas, etc. This template is eventually merged with data to create the form. The form can be a PDF or HTML form (in AEM Forms). I hope clarifies your doubt.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

AEM Forms designer is used for designing XDP (templates) which are used in AEM Forms components. XDP defines the placement of elements like fields, text areas, etc. This template is eventually merged with data to create the form. The form can be a PDF or HTML form (in AEM Forms). I hope clarifies your doubt.

Level 2

that's sound great!! thanks!

can i know the latest tool address?

Level 7

You can't download it normally. If you need a trial license, contact your local Adobe sales rep and they can generate a Trial license download email of the Adobe AEM Forms Designer software for you. The software is included with any AEM Forms license.

Level 2

we have the AEM license actually, i have confirmed in another post that we don't need the specific license for it.

just wondering how to get it?

Level 7

Its not part of AEM. Its part of AEM Forms. If you have an AEM Forms license then the application can be downloaded from your LWS account.

You can download the AEM Forms OSGi packages with no troubles from Package Share. You just cant get Designer the same way.