Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Error submitting form from application config

Level 7

I have a brand new AEM OSGI instance on Windows.  I upgraded to 6.5.13.

I have created a simple workflow with 1 step - No operation.  No variables.

I have created a simple Adaptive form using the blank template.  Added a text box and a Submit button.

I configured the form container to submit to an AEM Workflow and Previewed the form.  It submits perfectly.

I created a Forms Application - I chose the Adaptive Form, The workflow, Assigned forms-users, and Relative to Payload - data.xml.  Everything else is default.

I got to my Inbox (as admin), create application, choose my application.  I see the form, I type some text and I click submit.

I receive an error in the UI, AEM-FD-011-003 - Error occurred while submitting draft.

No errors in log.  I have not increased logging.  I will try that now.

8 Replies

Level 7

There is only a Set Value step.  Nothing configured.  It's essentially an empty workflow.

Level 7

@Mayank_Gandhi 

Is it possible to look up AEM-FD-011-003?  Maybe it will give me a hint.

Level 7

@Mayank_Gandhi I posted a link but, it's waiting on moderator.  Maybe here

https dl.source360group.com downloads crich adobe TestFormWorkflow.zip

This has the Form, Workflow and Start Point.

Employee Advisor

@crich2784 good way to put a link .  I have the package now, I will test and confirm.

Level 5

I had a quick look, found your form Submit Action set to Forms Portal Submit Action.

So I changed it to Invoke an AEM Workflow as you previously mentioned it should be.

The form submits.

I was able to reproduce your error from create application (inbox).

Try setting the "Store attachments using" of your MultiAssign workflow application (e.g. data-attach) an see if that gets you past your error.

Level 5

Hi @crich2784 ,

The error is due to no payload path provided for the workflow. I downloaded your form, reproduced the issue and was able to fix by following:

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 1.49.04 pm.png

When a workflow is triggered on form submission, the form data (XML/JSON) becomes the payload for the workflow, and you kist need to propvide the name and path of the file where the payload will be kept (temporarily while thw workflow is running).

Enjoy!