Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Email Attachments missing on task assignment in AEM 6.5 HTML5 forms

Level 1

Recently we migrated our application from Livecycle ES4 to AEM HTML5 6.5 forms. There is a node Task Assignment. Earlier it used to send email to the user whenever a task was assigned. This would also include the form data as pdf and attachments added via the attachment tab.

After migration the attachments are not going in the eamil. Any pointers would be helpful. @Mayank_Gandhi @mayankg @workflowuser Please provide link to any documentation, if available.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Have you configured Task notification and email server on adminUI? @kamla1901 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Have you configured Task notification and email server on adminUI? @kamla1901 

Level 1
Thanks for replying.I am getting the emails. It is just that the attachments which are added via the attachment tab in workspace are not being sent with the email.

Employee Advisor
We might have to check this further @kamla1901 . Have you applied latest CFP on 6.5?

Level 1
@Mayank_Gandhi Version 6.5.0, GM Service Pack Version: N/A Patch Version: AEMForms-6.5.0-0004

Level 1
@Mayank_Gandhi I received a response from Adobe that User Assign Task does not spport sending attachments in HTMl5 forms

Level 3

Hi Team,

We have provided the details of our Prod +lower Env Configuration/setup.
Currently email notification is sent when the AEM form is submitted, however if that AEM form has an attachment (like word document, pdf document attached), the email does not contain the attachment.
Please let us know the reason for in HTML5, and the solution for it.

Please find my environment details, 

Configuration details- 

AEM Version & Service Pack : Please refer attached screenshot.

Database: Oracle

JDK - 1.8

srujan1981_0-1632898398877.png

Please this is need urgent response.

Regards,

Srujan

Employee

Hi @srujan1981 ,

before talking about the attachments one hint: Patch version 0004 is AEM Forms 6.5.1 and we are already on 6.5.10 (Patch level 0032). You might want to consider updating your system eventually.

As it says in the last post of 2020 - sending attachments with automated e-mail notifications upon submit is not supported. Simply picture the following case:

Your workflow has 5 attachments, one or more of them possibly a 5 MB PDF or binary file or what have you. If every single notification to every user involved in such processes would attach ALL the attachments you can imagine what that would mean to your e-mail system and the unneccessary load on the Forms system. It makes no sense and that is why it is not supported. It is a notification with a link to the workspace from where you have access to the task and the attachments tab.

If you want a specific attachment in the process to be sent via e-mail, you disable the e-mail notification for that User Task and place a separate E-Mail step in the process. There you can attach any file, including the attachments from your attachment process variable.

Kosta

Level 3

@Kosta_Prokopiu1 Thanks for quick reply... Sure we are in the process of patch upgradation. Coming to the problem, we are doing the same what you mentioned like disable the SMTP for workspace and sending separate email with attachments.  But I am checking is there any config settings to enable the attachments

Thanks,

Srujan