Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom dita-ot integration

Level 2

Hi everyone,

Please confirm if we have followed the steps correctly for custom dita-ot integration.

1)We have extracted AEM DITA-OT package in our local from this path -  /libs/fmdita/dita_resources/DITA-OT.zip

2)In the AEM DITA-OT -> bin, we used the below command to add the custom plugins.

dita -install <DITA-OT>.zip

we referred this blog ->https://www.tothenew.com/blog/integrating-and-using-the-custom-dita-ot-plugin/

Abisha_2-1684922061549.png

3)After adding custom plugins, we uploaded integrated DITA-OT zip file in apps/fmdita/dita_resources folder

Kindly confirm if we have done the custom dita-ot integration in the right manner and suggest if we have missed anything. 

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Abisha,

You are missing one step post uploading DITA-OT.zip to /apps.

You have to add DITA profile through Tools - Guides - DITA Profiles (use the DITA-OT path where the custom DITA-OT is uploaded, refer screenshot below)

dita-profile.png

Reference URL - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-guides-learn/tutorials/configuring/setup-...

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Rohan Garg

Level 2

Hi @Rohan_Garg ,

Thank you for your immediate reply. From the above thread, I wanted to confirm the steps of custom dita-ot integration of the new plugins. Hope I have done that part in the right way. I have added the custom profile configurations in the screenshot below. 

Abisha_1-1685196245786.png

In order to include the custom plugins, I have added the custom plugins catalog.xml in the schema configuration and added the apps folder dita-ot zip path. Can you confirm if I have done this in right way.

Community Advisor

@Abisha - Yes, it looks good! Can you try running the transformation to see if you are getting the custom output?

Level 2

Hi @Rohan_Garg ,

Thank you for confirming. In order to generate output using custom plugin pdf, I have added transformation name(pdfname-rg.pdf) from the custom plugin name(com.pdfname-rg.pdf) in the screenshot below

Abisha_0-1685333668022.png

However, if I run the pdf, the output is not generated. It is not referring to the new plugin that I have configured.

Abisha_1-1685336574110.png

Do I need to update the custom profile with any other changes.

Abisha_1-1685349303041.png

Community Advisor

The custom profile seems to have the adequate changed.
The error reported is in the stylesheet compilation.

Are you using CSS-based DITA to PDF Customization or any custom XSL stylesheet?

Community Advisor

Can you post that here? or Check the same for any syntax error that can cause compilation issue?