Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Copying table entries from specific rows into a text box in the table

Level 6

Good day,

I have a form that have multiple rows, buttons, check boxes and one drop down box.  I have a button to delete a specific table,  a button to create a similar table and maintain certain entries, and a button to delete entries in a specific table.  Also, one of the rows is a text field that the user has to enter or recreate the same information that was entered in the boxes.  I would like to auto-populate that text field with the entries that are entered in the rows so that the user does not have to do it.  I thought that I would change the text field to a text box and insert floating fields and have them auto-populate that way because the information into that field has to be narrative in nature.  I did this and I'm having issues.

The main issues are:

1.  Some of the entries in the rows do not auto-populate into the text box.

2.  When I click the similar button to create another table, some of the entries that I want to copy to the new table does not copy.  This includes the drop down choice.

3.  When I click the button to erase the entries on one table, it erases the same entries on the other tables.  This includes some of the floating fields entries and the drop down entry. 

4. Finally, I noticed that if I change one of the auto-populated entry in one table, it changes that entry in all of the tables that has an entry in that row.  Example:  If row 1 in a table has the word "John" and I create another table and enter "Bob" in row 1, it will change "John" in the previous table to "Bob".

1.  I would like to have the entries that the user enters into the rows to auto-populate into the text field or text box. 

2.  I also would like to have certain entries in the text field or text box to copy to the next table when the similar button is clicked. 

3.  When the erase button is clicked on a table, I would like for it to erase only the entries in that table and only specific entries.

4.  If an entry is changed in a new table, that it does not change the same entries in the other tables to match what was changed.

Any help is appreciated.  I have been working on this for two days now and I can't get it to work properly.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

1. I would like to have the entries that the user enters into the rows to auto-populate into the text field or text box.

Populate the text field or text box on exit event of user entered field.

2.  I also would like to have certain entries in the text field or text box to copy to the next table when the similar button is clicked.

Similarly on exit event of user entered field you can populate next table fields.

Please do the data binding for the next table with different node.

3.  When the erase button is clicked on a table, I would like for it to erase only the entries in that table and only specific entries.

You need to get the specific index if the row to delete the data in the specific row and fields in that row.

4.  If an entry is changed in a new table, that it does not change the same entries in the other tables to match what was changed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

1. I would like to have the entries that the user enters into the rows to auto-populate into the text field or text box.

Populate the text field or text box on exit event of user entered field.

Similarly on exit event of user entered field you can populate next table fields.

You need to get the specific index if the row to delete the data in the specific row and fields in that row.

Level 6

Good day,

I did not mark this "correct".  Can you please provide more information?  Elaborate as much as possible.

# 2 - Is their a script for "exit event of user entered field....." and also provide information on "data binding for the next table with different node".  Is there a script for that as well?

# 3 - How do I get or find the specific index?

# 4 - What "data binding for the next table with different node".?  Is there a script?

Community Advisor

Can you please share your form with all artifacts on google drive (vkatoch07@gmail.com).

I will have a look into your form.

Level 6

Thank you.  The form was shared.  In the meantime maybe I can get additional help with this... I have solved the majority of the issues.  One remains.  (1)  The entries in the last row of the table, that is partially created by whatever is checked in the master page, disappears from all tables when a button is clicked.  They should not disappear at all.   Example:   In my master page, I have a check box and two radio buttons.  When I check them, words appear in the last row (text box) of the table via "floating fields". Example:  Radio Button "Genuine" is chosen and the words "Genuine" is entered in the floating field in the last row.    I also have a button on my form that will create an additional table and a button that will remove all entries on a specific table.  The button adding the additional table works.  The information in the "floating fields", i.e. "Genuine", copies to the new table.  The problem is that when I click the button to remove entries from a specific table, it erases the word "Genuine" in the floating fields from all tables that were created.  This only effects the information that is created by checking the check box and choosing the radio buttons in the master page.

I want whatever is entered in the last row due to the boxes checked in the master page to not disappear in any tables when the "remove entries" button is clicked.  I tried no binding, but the words do not copy to the new table when I click the "create" button and I need that.