Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Convert XDP files to PDF outside AEM

Level 3

Is it possible to convert the fillable XDP files designed in AEM Designer to a PDF file out the AEM environment. Meaning without using the AEM Forms or Output service can we convert the XDP files using any language to a PDF by passing some kind of input data file. So when the XDP is rendered as a PDF, it should create the PDF for the given input data file.  Let me know if this is a possible...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

We still recommend to use output or form service to merge data and generate pdf

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

XDP files are specifically designed for Adobe's form creation and merging them with the XML to create the PDF document can be done with the AEM services either directly or using their API programmatically. 

Level 3

What if the XDP is populated by using PDFBOX jars and generate the PDF in base64 format. Is this a good approach. The reason for doing this is for the volume, as in our onPREM set up there is a limitation of high volume process.  And moving AEM cloud is not a option at this point with the organization.

But for this one form, they are planning place this in GCP and generate the PDFs. Please let me know if it is good to create the XDP in AEM designer and populate it with PDFBOX and generate the PDF. Thanks

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

We still recommend to use output or form service to merge data and generate pdf