Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Core Component vs AEM Forms add-on components in AEM Forms Add-on Project

Level 5

Hi Team

Current we are using the AEM Forms Add-on (AEM6.5.17). its purely adaptive forms projects .

Please advise whether we can use Core Component to leverage the JSON Exporter for Content Services Instead of Forms Component which are not JSON Exporter .

Regards

Vara 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@varaande 

I think you should be able to leverage the same feature with core components on AEM on-premise set-up, as it's possible on cloud instances, if it's limited fetching the form structure as JSON. For any other additional features, you may have to check the feasibility. 

Let us know in case you're stuck with this implementation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@varaande it all depends on your usecase? Can you explain yours? If your usecase is to expose forms structure as json and build form in an external app? Or host form within aem?

Level 5

@ Shashi_Mulugu

My current use case is ,we need to exposed Adaptive Form to external site to rendering the newly created Adaptive Form to their external site pages.

Regards

Vara

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@varaande 

I think you should be able to leverage the same feature with core components on AEM on-premise set-up, as it's possible on cloud instances, if it's limited fetching the form structure as JSON. For any other additional features, you may have to check the feasibility. 

Let us know in case you're stuck with this implementation.