Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Check box not displaying content after form is closed

Level 1

I am using AEM 6.1 to display text fields with a check box. Here are my steps and the encountered problem:

Open PDF form

Select Checkbox (text fields display or are now visible)

Enter data in text fields

Save PDF form

Close PDF form

Open PDF form

PROBLEM: The checkbox is still selected but the text fields are invisible or hidden.

WORK AROUND: Deselect the check box then reselect the check box (text fields become visible again)

QUESTION: How do I make the text fields remain visible after closing the form with the check box selected?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@txk22 This would possibly happen if there are any script on initialize, form ready, layout ready such that when you are re-opening the form the scripts are getting re-triggered and among that there may be an option where it was set hidden. 

Check the script editor for such scripts. 

Mayank_Gandhi_0-1659679458634.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 5

Do you have any script that may be causing this effect?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@txk22 This would possibly happen if there are any script on initialize, form ready, layout ready such that when you are re-opening the form the scripts are getting re-triggered and among that there may be an option where it was set hidden. 

Check the script editor for such scripts. 

Mayank_Gandhi_0-1659679458634.png

Level 1

I do not see any scripts in the highlighted areas that indicate anything is hidden or would cause this issue. The only script that includes a "hidden" presence is associated with the check boxes. The information I would like to have displayed with the check boxes are subforms containing text fields and tables with text fields. The subform's presence is "Hidden (Exclude from Layout)". The checkbox script to display the subform is:  

if (this.rawValue==1) {
Bio.presence = "visible";
}
if (this.rawValue==0) {
Bio.presence = "hidden";
}

Any additional help is greatly appreciated.