Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Changes not reflect in AEM forms theme editor

Level 2

Hi All,

When we are making changes using AEM forms theme editor and the changes are reflecting in theme.css file (/etc/clientlibs/fd/themes/*). When we are making css changes directly in theme.css , we are not able to see the updated changes in AEM form theme editor .

Please let me know if you have any idea on this issue.

Appreciate your help.

Stack used:

AEM 6.3

Service pack 2

Cummulative fix pack 2

13 Replies

Level 10

I am checking with the customer care team to see if this is a known bug.

Employee Advisor

Should work, what kind of styling are you trying to apply? Can you show a sample of the added style?

Level 2

I am trying to change the color of the label as below:

label{

line-height:1.42857143;

font-size:1rem;

font-weight:normal;

margin-bottom:2px;

margin-top:0px;

margin-left:0px;

margin-right:0px;

color:rgb(60,60,60);

}

But in theme editor its shown(55,57,60) as below:

1645132_pastedImage_4.png

Employee Advisor

1645098_pastedImage_0.png

1645099_pastedImage_1.png

Works for me, can you check you are updating the correct css file and also try an incognito window. You should check this in preview and edit mode and not in style editor.

Level 2

Hi Mayank,

I am changing color of field label in theme.css file, but its not reflecting the changes in Theme editor. When I did thru the theme editor I am seeing the changes in the theme.css.Can you please check this is it working for you?

Employee Advisor

Do you want to see the colour code of the updated style in theme.css on theme Editor?

Level 2

Hi Mayank,

Yes. I am updating changes manually in theme.css and the change is not reflecting in theme editor.

Employee Advisor

Did it worked for you in any version? I don't think you will see updated color like this. Either change it from theme editor or use clientlibs.

Level 2

Hi Mayank,

We are trying only this version.

Either change it from theme editor or use clientlibs.? clientlibs means were u r referring?

Thanks.

Employee Advisor

You can create your on js and CSS and override the theme css in your custom files(client libs). Gives you more extensibility and reusebility.

Level 2

Hi Mayank,

The theme editor is supposed to pick up changes from the theme.css ? is it bug ?

Employee Advisor

While both are true but we see mostly editing in Theme Editor and respective change in CSS file.