Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can you create a field that produces a date/time stamp when a separate field is entered

Level 5

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@ReluctantProgrammer yes via script you can. On the exit of the other field just fire the js to set the value of date time field to set to current date/time

today = Num2Date(Date(), "MM/DD/YYYY") //returns date in MM/DD/YYYY format

other_field.rawValue = today // populate my_date_field with todays date

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@ReluctantProgrammer yes via script you can. On the exit of the other field just fire the js to set the value of date time field to set to current date/time

today = Num2Date(Date(), "MM/DD/YYYY") //returns date in MM/DD/YYYY format

other_field.rawValue = today // populate my_date_field with todays date

Level 10

What are you trying to achive with this exactly?

Level 5

basically creation of a "date/time stamp" to show when the user actually entered remarks in a field.  

Level 10

Then the code mentioned above will do the trick.

In case you don't want to overwrite the date once it has been set, wrap it into an if statement. Keep in mind the code is in FormCalc not JavaScript!

if (other_field.isNull) then
    other_field = Num2Date(Date(), "MM/DD/YYYY")
endif

Level 5

Hello again.  

Apparently the users open the form and fill in their information and then save it.  Then it will be opened later so more information can be added. Whenever the form is re-opened for update the date/time stamp in place changes to the current date/time. 

Is there a way to protect/lock the date/time stamp so it cannot be changed?