Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can we call a Workbench process from within HTML5 version of XDP submit button

Level 4

Hi All,

in AEM I am generating the HTML view of an XDP form taking help of the HTML profiling.

So I have a Submit button within the XDP which needs to send the data of the form to one of the workbench processes, and do further processing.

Since my form has become part of HTML profile, can we really use the submit button of the XDP to send the data to the workbench process, if yes how?

Or I will have to add an external button to my HTML profile and take help of the formguide API to send the data Via a servlet to the workbench process.

Any quick help on this available?

Thanks,
Sobhan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

This is easy - post the data to an AEM OSGi Java based service. THen once you get the data in an OSGi - you can pass to a Workbench Process via Web Service (SOAP) .

See this - point you in the correct direction.

Scott's Digital Community: Integrating LiveCycle into Adobe CQ applications

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

This is easy - post the data to an AEM OSGi Java based service. THen once you get the data in an OSGi - you can pass to a Workbench Process via Web Service (SOAP) .

See this - point you in the correct direction.

Scott's Digital Community: Integrating LiveCycle into Adobe CQ applications

Level 4

Hi Donald,

Thanks but I have a submit button inside my xdp.I am displaying that xdp as a html5 forms using HTML profiling.

I do not think we will have access to the jsp code to make an osgi call on click of the button inside the xdp as it is created from the designer.

Any idea if OSGi service can be called from a button inside an xdp.

Thanks

Sobhan

Level 4

Hi Donald,

I am struggling with something here. Please guide.

I have a standalone java web project. I am trying to invoke the Workbench process from within it using the REST End point URL of the workbench process. I am using httpClient API of java just like we use for invoking any other rest endpoint. But this is failing and not letting me invoke.

Is it possible or we only  have to use SOAPClientFactory API to invoke workbench process from OSGI service.

Level 4

Hi Donald,

I am struggling with something here. Please guide.

I have a standalone java web project. I am trying to invoke the Workbench process from within it using the REST End point URL of the workbench process. I am using httpClient API of java just like we use for invoking any other rest endpoint. But this is failing and not letting me invoke.

Is it possible or we only have to invoke via SOAPClientFactory class.?