Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can i write Javascript in my PDF's to automatically open using Acrobat Reader??

Level 4

Good day!!

Just a quick question, ive posted a couple weeks ago issues with my clients running Adobe and Foxit and that it was causing some issues.

I was thinking, would if be possible to add javascript code to the PDF as it opens and tell the PDF to force/open using "Acrobat Reader DC"??  and if they don't have it, i can break the script or just have it open with their default PDF viewer, but i could then write a little message letting them know that performance might be affected.

I don't know if that's doable, but it could help by pass the issue of having multiple PDF software's installed on a machine and forcing them to just use the right one... Adobe...

Thx again,

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In the doc:ready event we can check the client application and its version in Java script and show any message to the user. But to forcefully open it in Acrobat, I didn't find anything for this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In the doc:ready event we can check the client application and its version in Java script and show any message to the user. But to forcefully open it in Acrobat, I didn't find anything for this.

Level 4

Well thats good to know, i can warn them at least that this could be an issue.

Thx for the info.