Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Auto suggest feature in AEM 6.3 adaptive forms

Level 3

Hi,

How to implement auto suggest feature in AEM adaptive form where a REST or SOAP call has to be made to fetch the list and show it while typing in the textbox.

This is some what similar to Goggle auto suggest which shown below. We are using AEM 6.3 version.

1402856_pastedImage_1.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor
5 Replies

Level 7

There isn't anything like this out of the box.

I will assume you know how to code this in HTML and JS outside of AEM.I would look at creating a custom widget.

To get started:

1) Copy the guidetextbox from /libs/fd/af/components/guidetextbox into your project

2) Delete the widget.jsp and replace with a widget.html like the following:

3) Create a client library with a category of af.customwidgets.

4) In the client library add code as follows:

5) Change the CLASS_FOR_YOUR_TEXTBOX and YOUR_WIDGETNAME

6) Add listeners for when text is entered and perform JS code for "auto suggest" feature

Level 3

Hi James, Thanks for the reply.

Could you please let me know how to copy the guidetextbox to my project in CRX? I am using an adaptive form.

Sorry if my question is very basic,  i am new to this and mostly work without using CRX.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can create a custom widget, have a look at this blog : AEM Forms: Using Custom Widget in Adaptive Form - Experience Delivers

Level 7

Hi prabuj201987

You will need to do some reading around that area, there are plenty of articles online, a good place to start is here:

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Developing User Guide

Start off with a very simple aem site component before going on to a custom form widget. The form widgets are more complex in my opinion.

Level 3

Thanks james.. this is really helpful