Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Auto Save in AEM adaptive forms not working.

Employee

I am trying to configure AEM adaptive forms for Autosave functionality as per the document. But I am facing an issue with it. I configure it correctly for time based autosave but still its not working. The data is not being stored automatically but if I click on the save button at the bottom of the form it gets saved.

Any idea if it is a product bug or if I am missing something ?

Regards,

Samir

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Old question, but I had a similar problem. I tried putting a value of "elementValueChanged" as the event but that didn't work. I worked around this with the following client library on my form:

window.addEventListener("bridgeInitializeStart", function (evnt) {

// get hold of the guideBridge object
  var gb = evnt.detail.guideBridge;

//wait for the completion of adaptive forms
  gb.connect(function () {

//this function will be called after adaptive form is initialized

gb.on("elementValueChanged", function (event, data) {

// When a field is changed - save
  gb.trigger("guideAutoSaveStart");

});

})

});

Although this works as I would like, I would be interested to know why an event of "elementValueChanged" didn't work. Does anyone have an example of autosave without a client library using an event?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 2

Hi,

Did you try it for event based ? Can you please share the configuration you used for autosave.

The documentation for auto save is present at - https://helpx.adobe.com/aem-forms/6-1/auto-save-an-adaptive-form.html

Regards,

Gaurav

Correct answer by
Level 7

Old question, but I had a similar problem. I tried putting a value of "elementValueChanged" as the event but that didn't work. I worked around this with the following client library on my form:

window.addEventListener("bridgeInitializeStart", function (evnt) {

// get hold of the guideBridge object
  var gb = evnt.detail.guideBridge;

//wait for the completion of adaptive forms
  gb.connect(function () {

//this function will be called after adaptive form is initialized

gb.on("elementValueChanged", function (event, data) {

// When a field is changed - save
  gb.trigger("guideAutoSaveStart");

});

})

});

Although this works as I would like, I would be interested to know why an event of "elementValueChanged" didn't work. Does anyone have an example of autosave without a client library using an event?