Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEMaaCS - Forms submit With email AND data submit to dynamics

Level 10

Hi 

is there a way to submit data to MS dynamics and also have email sent on click of submit. with the form bound to MS dynamics data source form model, i see the action “form model” so I assume clicking that sends to MS dynamics but what if I want an email sent ? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

you can trigger power automate workflow to send email when you add data in dynamics crm

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Use a workflow and in the workflow do the email and insert data in dynamics

Level 10

Not sure I follow , workflows reside on author and this form will be on publish 

also AEM to crm connectivity is not something that’s enabled to do it backend via code so I am not sure that would work ?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

you can trigger power automate workflow to send email when you add data in dynamics crm

Level 10

I believe the challenge would be that the crm connection is established to forms and not via AEM as we hear, so backend integration to send to crm might be a challenge ? If backend service is the route to send the data 

Level 10

Works like a charm . Didn publish it , unsure of permissions to be set and if it is a user or service acc .. but works . Thank you 

Community Advisor

@NitroHazeDev  - Curious to know, was there any AEM to CRM integration you had to follow? or looks like once data is added to dyanamics, based on that action an email action needs to be triggered via workflow in crm?

Level 10

Hi @Shubham_borole  I have a crm integrated with AEM. Custom crm - dynamics . I wanted to do submission to entities and email .  OOTB with core form template and components , you can use send email on submission but I wanted to do with the crm binding , I believe the options I see are submit button rules and function script and the other I tried is workflows just invoking workflow with posts or puts to crm . But custom template - unsure how to get the variables into templates will need to evaluate . Evaluating latter 

hope I answered the question