Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Forms AEMaacs - unable to use foundation components on core component adaptive forms template

Level 10

Hi,

On AEMaaCS, I happened to use the adaptive form core components template (perhaps canvas3) to use adaptive form core components per adobe’s best practice suggestion but I also realized that using the components (older/foundation ones) like scribble , adobe sign , table just does not work within the template. Infact the adaptive form core components do not contain components like sign , scribble and table. You would see some guides or other console error on screen and perhaps few other components as well that don’t work either other than the ones listed below . 

I tried a hack of using adaptive form embed component and having the adaptive form foundation components embedded on that page just to have the flexibility to use table , scribble and sign that form core components to not have ,  but in vain. Console errors again 

adaptive form core components - 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/adaptive-forms/i...

appreciate suggestions 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Create form based on foundation components 

I don’t think you can mix and match core components and foundation components in one form

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

We are constantly adding new core components . I think the components you mentioned are on the to do list

Level 10

thanks , what’s the interim suggestion to use say sign captcha tables 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Create form based on foundation components 

I don’t think you can mix and match core components and foundation components in one form

Level 10

If adobe has recommended core components usage vs foundation , this is not going to be ideal to use foundation neither suggest to the clients . Perhaps this should have been launched after migration was complete with all components. We now have loose ends . 

given the scenario are we saying that using foundation components and template is our only option if those components need to be used ?(alternative would be customization by self but looking for OOTB) 

how does Adobe  recommend using sign functionality with launch of core components for form ?is there a feature I am missing with core component form template ?