Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Form | HTML5 form rendering issue on AMS environment.

Level 1

Hi All,

We are currently experiencing a peculiar issue with HTML5 form rendering.

When attempting to render an XDP as HTML, it appears to go into a continuous loading loop and fails to display the form. Strangely, this issue only occurs in our AMS environment, whereas it works correctly when we attempt the same operation on our local 6.5 environment.

Additionally, the "Preview as HTML" function is also not working in AMS environment.

nileshbhise_0-1694159356044.png

We have already reviewed our configurations and compared them between the AMS and local environments, but have been unable to identify the root cause of this issue.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. We look forward to your guidance and support in resolving this problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Nilesh,

You could do a quick validation of the response of the same form for AMS and local instance. While I expect the HTML structure to be similar, would be good to check if there are any additional clientLibs being loaded on AMS instance (this could be based on any custom profile you may be using as well).

And as Pulkit mentioned, a support ticket would help .

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

@nileshbhise 

Could you confirm:

- Is it specific to a set of forms? Did you try a simple form with a few fields?

- Any recent changes in the environment? or Patching activity?

- Any specific msgs in the error logs when you're rendering the form?

Level 1

Thank you, Pulkit, for your prompt reply.

Yes, it works with a simple XDP with a few fields, but it is not working with client-specific XDPs. However, we observed that the same set of XDPs works absolutely fine on our local environment without any issues.

- Any recent changes in the environment? or Patching activity?
I need to check with the client, but to my knowledge, no such activities have been performed in the recent time.

- Any specific msgs in the error logs when you're rendering the form?
No error in the loogs

Employee Advisor

@nileshbhise 

Assuming the same form used to work fine, it would be good to trace back all the changes on the AMS instance.

Also, if there are no errors in the logs, then it would be difficult to troubleshoot the issue without the form. Could you please raise a support ticket to troubleshoot the issue with the client form?

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Nilesh,

You could do a quick validation of the response of the same form for AMS and local instance. While I expect the HTML structure to be similar, would be good to check if there are any additional clientLibs being loaded on AMS instance (this could be based on any custom profile you may be using as well).

And as Pulkit mentioned, a support ticket would help .

Level 2

Hi @sudhansh & @Pulkit_Jain_ - Thank you so much for your reply.

Actually, the "AMS Environment Indicator" bundle was causing the issue. As instructed by the Adobe support team, we stopped the bundle, and then all the HTML5 forms started getting rendered without making any changes at the XDP or at the forms level.

This was the root cause of the issue.

Appreciate your support.